{Let's Play Catch Up}
Good grief, I've done it again. Guess I'm just not a good blogger. I can never keep this thing up to date. I wish I could, and always thought it was the no internet that withheld me from doing so... guess not!
So since it's been so long I'm going to do a fast catch up and then (hopefully) devote a few more posts on certain subjects. So in my fashion... it's a photo update! <3
So let's begin with school. We had a rough start. I was struggle pretty badly with some PPD and
fighting that, while Milo was fighting SPD. It was long, rough, explosive days. By the time Dad got home from work, we were all in tears and at one anothers throats. It was ugly and I'm sad to say I didn't see what was happening until many weeks into it all. Once I recognized what was going on with my crazy self I seeked some counsel from wise friends and moms who had been in my shoes. Prayer and comfort from my husband and family helped a ton and I tell you what, your Dad was a rock star!! He stepped up and filled in where I was loosing the fight. Extra housework, rides to places/errands, activities with each of you kiddos. He really is my knight in shining armor guys. For real! Your dad is a real man of faith and action. He takes of me so well and my heart and soul are so grateful. Ok... enough mush, back to school. First grade is rocking now! We are in our groove and rhythm and back in action for sure! :) Milo is quit the little reader and has caught on so quickly to all the new words and sounds. Theo is active and loves to be involved with whatever project is on the agenda. He also is working thru a Star Wars workbook, three actually. One on the ABC's, one in math and one on patterns and shapes. The biggy I'm working on with him is his pencil grip and tracing. Once we get that down, I feel like he'll fly through those books! Theo, you're a different kind of learner. It's great. I love that you each ahvge a smart little brain that is constantly asking questions and figuring life out. But your brain thinks a bit more like mine. I hope you can keep your drive and passion for life and I can be a treach that helps cultivate learning through what you love. I love how you both have a bit of you mom and dad in you. Milo is mini dad and Theo is mini mom. For now. Makes schooling so fun and interesting. Almost like watching Dad and I learn together. And Norma... where will you fit in? I can. not. wait. to see!! Homeschool is such a joy and I absolutely love it. Thankful for this opportunity!
![]() |
| family photos went pretty well for trying to get 4 pretty faces to smile and say cheese! |
Up next... Life in general.
Milo's birthday was full of fun and family. Laid back and chill. Complete with a nerf war with Poppy, Papa and Dad and dinner with Grand Poppy. And of course, a John Deere cake. (is there any other kind?!)
We began a few new traditions this fall. One being date night with mom and dad. We arranged a system so on the first week one kid goes with mom and on the third week a different kid goes with dad. The odd man out gets to choose something fun for us to do together one saturday. :) Whether it's frog catching, pet store looking, or a certain movie to watch. It's been a big hit with both mom & dad and you kids! It's so nice to able to have a few hours with just one of you. We talk about whatever, and I'm allowed a little glances of what you are each growing up to be.
The other fun tradition, which we haven't done in a few weeks is Tea Time. At least once a week we get all the fancy dishes out, arrange tiny snacks on plates and get all "dressed up" for our own tea party. There's classical music playing and we all try to use our best manners as we sip tea (it's been juice but we just got real teas to try. A caramel apple kind and a berry kind) We even invited our friends over for a large tea party! It was a huge hit, especially since Aunt Tressa brought chocolate chips.
The change to four kids was rougher then I imagined. But the post partum depression was unexpected. It's still easy by any means, and I still have hard days and weeks were I struggle more then I have ever done with any other of ya. But Edwin, you are so worth it! You are a smiley, easy going, paci loving, blue eyed little man who loves his siblings, the noise and chaos and a good game of peek a boo! Four months has flown by and I wish I could just freeze time and soak in your chunky monkey snuggles and your tired coos and grunts. Momma can't handle how fast her babe is growing. Each phase and season is bittersweet.
Miss Norma. Oh sweet little girl. You truly are a ray of sunshine. Your sweet voice that is now talking in full, adult sentences. Talk about needing a time freeze. I do believe Dad is struggle more with his baby girl growing into such a beautiful, independent girl. You love to do things "by myself"and have to keep up with your brothers. always. You like to sing and dance and are really into anything thats pink, purple and sparkly. Also ponies. You adore being a big sister and try to help where you can when it comes to little Eddie. My favorite thing you say, besides I love you and missed you so much (which you say almost every morning when I come in to you), is "that's so silly!!". You find a lot of things silly. And your sweet, squeeky voice is so cute saying it!! Got to get it on tape.
Now drum roll please....
for the big news!!!
for the big news!!!
We are officially commissioned as missionaries to the United Kingdom through Great Europe Mission!!
It's been five years in the making. God is so faithful and oh so patient!
We filled our application this summer and by September we got the go ahead to join the candidate orientation this fall. So last week we packed up and spent 9 days away from yall (minus Eddie, he got to adventure with us) and headed to Monument, Colorado. And as soon as we walked into their headquarters we were welcomed and showered with love and encouragement. And after our first day of training and interviews we felt right at home. Between dad's favorite authors being referenced, and the nerdy conversations about Tolkien and C.S. Lewis, it's like GEM and the whole crew there were a match made only from the Lord to fit our crazy family. By Wednesday we felt like family with nearly everyone there and the nerves were cleared. Thursday was our small commissioning service and Friday and Saturday were spent in all day fundraising classes. I missed yall TONS but was so grateful for Poppy and Nanny's help while we were away.
We still have a lot of work ahead of us. As much as we'd love to sell everything, jump a plane and parachute land in England tomorrow (okay, maybe not quite like that, but you get my drift); we have fundraising, probably months of it ahead of us. Along with some classes to take online through/with GEM and a few mentorships lined up. It's definitely going to be a continual process, one that I will try SO very hard to keep updated here for you guys to read about in the future.
Right now we are excited and eager to begin this new season. We are praying for wisdom and guidance as Februaury approaches. While it's still a few months off, we need to raise funds for our vision trip to England that month; Milo, you'll be joining us on this trip! And we will get to meet our field leader along with nail down where we will serving. (have a few ideas, but seeing it all in person and talking with folks will help all of us) We will also need to make a move of some kind that month. Our lease will be up in the middle of Feb. and we won't be able to afford to stay in Portage. It'll be hard to leave the closeness to church and church family, but our farm house is still open (currently under renovation actually) and we are looking to possibly move back there to save our money for missions, trips and supplies. It's sad and exciting all at the same time.
So there's answers and more questions but overall we are just thrilled to finally be on God's path for our lives and to be able to say it's all God's.
It's been five years in the making. God is so faithful and oh so patient!
We filled our application this summer and by September we got the go ahead to join the candidate orientation this fall. So last week we packed up and spent 9 days away from yall (minus Eddie, he got to adventure with us) and headed to Monument, Colorado. And as soon as we walked into their headquarters we were welcomed and showered with love and encouragement. And after our first day of training and interviews we felt right at home. Between dad's favorite authors being referenced, and the nerdy conversations about Tolkien and C.S. Lewis, it's like GEM and the whole crew there were a match made only from the Lord to fit our crazy family. By Wednesday we felt like family with nearly everyone there and the nerves were cleared. Thursday was our small commissioning service and Friday and Saturday were spent in all day fundraising classes. I missed yall TONS but was so grateful for Poppy and Nanny's help while we were away.
We still have a lot of work ahead of us. As much as we'd love to sell everything, jump a plane and parachute land in England tomorrow (okay, maybe not quite like that, but you get my drift); we have fundraising, probably months of it ahead of us. Along with some classes to take online through/with GEM and a few mentorships lined up. It's definitely going to be a continual process, one that I will try SO very hard to keep updated here for you guys to read about in the future.
Right now we are excited and eager to begin this new season. We are praying for wisdom and guidance as Februaury approaches. While it's still a few months off, we need to raise funds for our vision trip to England that month; Milo, you'll be joining us on this trip! And we will get to meet our field leader along with nail down where we will serving. (have a few ideas, but seeing it all in person and talking with folks will help all of us) We will also need to make a move of some kind that month. Our lease will be up in the middle of Feb. and we won't be able to afford to stay in Portage. It'll be hard to leave the closeness to church and church family, but our farm house is still open (currently under renovation actually) and we are looking to possibly move back there to save our money for missions, trips and supplies. It's sad and exciting all at the same time.
So there's answers and more questions but overall we are just thrilled to finally be on God's path for our lives and to be able to say it's all God's.
![]() |
| just some of the great friends/new family we made |
![]() |
| meeting the President of G.E.M. |
Well I think that gets us caught up for the moment. I think. I want to leave a few more photos for you guys, cause, well, mom takes a lot of pictures and loves looking at them later on. It's a great way (and the only, current way to freeze time. lol.)
![]() |
| we spent most of the fall in mud. and it was GREAT |
![]() |
| you have no idea how much this photo means to me! {*time froze!*} |
![]() |
Our fall season is over, but Milo is anxiously awaiting spring season, and so is coach dad!![]() |
![]() |
| this was right after our service, and we couldn't stop smiling!! :) |
![]() |
| this is how cool kids do school. |
![]() |
| One of our favorite bedtime routines. Our favorite parts of the day, something we are grateful, our prayers, a book, and Jesus loves me. :) Then off to bed. {*time froze!*} |
![]() |
| this was at a real tea party with Nanny. Norma was awesome but got a little squirmy towards the last few minutes. |
![]() |
| While in CO we stayed with Cassie and Craig and got to meet the newest Keith member. Best buds in training. |
![]() |
| Edwin, you are one smooth dude. We love you. |

























Comments
Post a Comment