{Monthly Minutes}

Sunday morning, watching The Pond before church 


Well we finally have some form of internet out here in the boondocks. ha! Hopefully that means more posts... but I wouldn't hold your breath. So until I get better at this blogging things and keeping things up to date, here's a little recap and some fun highlights of where life is now. (and of course there's tons of pics at the end and thru it, because, well, i'm much better at capturing life then writing about it! ha!)

First, Highlights!

-Eddie is a cruising baby now. Dude, you are amazing at pulling up on just about anything and have only taken a few little falls. Determined to get to where you want, there's not much that keeps you still now, except food! You love food. Recently learned how delicious Ritz crackers are and watermelon. Bananas are still a fav though along with any fruit really.

-We began fundraising!!!! WOOHOO! It's been a week on the trial and we are sitting at 8% already. Our goal is to be fully funded and moving to England by next July!!!! WHAT!??!?! So exciting. It's crazy to really think about but the more we chat with the folks at Stockton the more our hearts ache to get there. But don't make me think too hard about the goodbye stage yet...

-our chicken coop is completed and operational! No more pooping chickens in our laundry room. They are outside and in their new home, and i'm assuming loving it. Still working on the inside and just finishing up a few things, but I am so grateful for all of Poppy's help with it. It is an incredible little coop!!! Stable and warm for winter, but with two windows, cool for the spring and summer. Dad is working this week on their run, so we can let them outside without having to do a chicken chase each night before bed. Although y'all think that's terrific and the funniest thing ever. Ha.

-Eddie is learning new words!!! He passed his evaluation with flying colors. He's meeting or at above the standards for his age. He defiantly says Dada, tries dog (although it sounds a lot like dada), light comes out more like "dit", and is trying hard for chicken. Yes, that's right - Eddie you've truly got your momma here! You won't say Mama, but you'll try chicken. Really kid?!!? Come on! ;)

-Daddy and Norma went on date night this week, and he took her to our friend's house (The Patmores) where Norma was introduced to some new horse friends. Norma, you were in heaven! Dad said you grinned and loved every second of it. I guess the big ones were a bit scary to you, but in the video you rode like a champ and didn't look afraid at all! You even got to brush out and give treats to them. You've talked about it a lot this week! Thanks Patmore family for sharing your horses with us for a night! I do believe Norma has a new love.

- Summer is quickly on it's way!!! This week has been a little taste of HOT air and summer sun. Which means camping is right around the corner. We got a new tent for an early Christmas gift this year so we can enjoy our last full year in MI the right way!!! Outdoors. Dad and I are trying hard to find a good place to actually get away and camp for a few nights, but we are still searching. But you guys love camping right outside our home in the woods! And this momma ain't gonna complain about that one!

-Mother's day!!! Oh mother's day was awesome. We didn't have much planned, but a little potluck type dinner and a bonfire but it was a lovely day. Full of sun and the outdoors, chocolate smores and yummy chicken. We even had friends here till late - plus! your dad spoiled me with a new favorite movie of ours (La La Land - see if when you get older! it's amazing). Thank you for a great day.

working on the coop with Poppy 

Bonfires, smores and good friends! 

I'd say Eddie is a fan of the swing :) 

In other news....

We about to start our garden for the year. I got behind and we never began the seedlings inside like we normally do but whatever! We will try to start it outside this year. It's a cool, raise garden bed this year. I'll try to get pics up soon. I gotta work a little bit on it before we put dirt in, but it's a very cool, on loan, raised bed from Poppy and Nanny! Thanks guys! I'm very excited about all the room we'll have for yummy treats.

There's a lot more on my heart, but I'm afraid I don't have the time to share it all right now. I'll be trying to keep things up and share more of the silliness and the sweet moments on a regular basis. but for now i'll leave you with this tid bit from Theo ...

So I have a new ringtone from the show MASH - it's a helicopter sound with the announcer saying, "Attention, incoming choppers. No wounded". It's a favorite show of our families so I found it fitting for a few family members. However, Theo, you've grabbed onto this saying and now love to proclaim to the world, "Attention, Attention, incoming choppers. No WOMEN!" It's quit hysterical really! I've tried correcting you but you don't care. you like your saying better. ha! I will agree, it's funnier- and probably more fitting for the show then you even know! LOL.

I'll leave this tiny post with a few pics and a note from my heart to each of yours.

I love you guys. I love being your mother. Some days you push me to my limits - but I've learned it's a great service that you do push and poke me right out of my skin. You happen to just push and poke me right back to the feet of our Savior, where my strength and patience should flow from. Then I have to ask for my own forgiveness and grace and move onward in new mercies that are granted to me. It's hard to admit but I'm not a great mom on my own. I'm down right awful and full of myself. Just when I think I have it together, I'm reminded NO WAY! These days of so many, so young is hard. But it's so, so beautiful.
Thank you for being patient with me. For allowing me to mess up and then forgiving me! Each of you have hearts that sweet and tender and it's my prayer that you allow God to tenderize it more and more for His glory.
I love you all so much. I love that I get to cal you my children. Thank you for the priveledge of being a momma. <3



Mother's Day shenanigans!  
All together for the afternoon


Seriously, handsome stud! Slow down!!! :) 

Schafer's always getting dirty and digging something... 

The finished product (minus the run) 

My favorite gift that God paints each night here in the country 

Norma and her horse date with daddy 

Our field trip day to the zoo! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's No Place Like Home

{FIVE.2019}