{Wanting More}

So this summer has truly kicked our butts! Holy Cow! We can't seem to get healthy. It's a real struggle and I feel like each week we add more to what we had before. Really praying for some healing and relief soon. I'm not sure how much more our little plates can handle before they tip over, more from exhaustion then anything else. But God is good. I keep on reminding myself of that. None of this is surprising to Him and He's in control. I just feel so attacked. Fundraising has gone so slow and I constantly feel behind in everything I do. BUT I can tell you what I'm SLOWLY learning thru these last 6 weeks or so ...

I WANT TO BE MORE FOR YOU guys. I want to the all natural mom, who takes vitamins daily, has homegrown everything, buys organic, lets you learn by doing, and using all natural cleaners. I want to heal you by natural ways and not be at the doctors so much. I want to spend more time at the beach and less time in our home. (Ok, that's a want that's always there! :) ) BUT -----
I am here. I am doing the best I can with where I am and what God has given us. There's four of you. There's allergies galore. We aren't rich because we chose the stay at home mom job for me! And I am thrilled to do so. We have insurance that helps cover most of what is going on, so the doctor is amazing and helps find answers pretty quickly.

I sometimes feel over run and bombarded with wanting to be more and do more for you guys. I know there's better ways to make lunches, I know there's a more organic way to clean our home. And I feel awful for not having a big garden this year. BUT -----
Our home is clean, or clean most of the time. We eat healthy meals with our share of fun treats. And we enjoy our fun lunches every day.
So, even though I know there's different and sometimes better ways of doing things, we are making memories, we are living life, and we are surviving.
God is teaching me that I can't be all and do all.I have friends who do oils. I have friends who do healthy organic. I have friends that grow their own everything and I have friends who take vitamins daily. But God has given me this lot. You four. Fundraising. Homeschooling. And for now, in this season of life, sometimes lysol and french fries are the real deal. Sometimes homemade and home grown are bought. But I still love you all deeply and dearly. I still want the very best. I want to do it all and maybe some day, in some season of life we will grow a big garden, take special vitamins and probiotics and try cleaning with no chemicals. But for now, I want to live life and stop obsessing over what I'm not doing and start loving each of you an extra lot. Stop worry about not joining teams and not buying what the mom next door has and start finding my contentment in Christ and the home and family He's blessed and given to me.

I am beyond grateful for this life. I hate feeling drowned out and overwhelmed. It means I miss out on days and special moments. So as we begin to feel better and as we begin a new school year - I want to stop obsessing and coveting and  ENJOY more!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's No Place Like Home

{FIVE.2019}

So Much Thankfulness