{March Madness & Recovery}

Many have asked and wonder how I am doing since my heart ablation March 12th and I am happy to report that I am feeling better and have pretty much completely recovered! I had my check up last week and got the all clear and am now on a "as needed" basis with my electrocardiologist! Hooray! And it's just time before we know if the procedure was 100% effective. The doctor feels like it should be, so that's a plus. Because I wasn't suffering from multiple SVT 'bouts a day and they were so random and bizarre, it's just gonna take time to tell.
The procedure itself was marinated in prayer and I went into the day feeling prepared and ready. I wasn't as afraid as I thought I should be. ha! And didn't really get antsy till they ran my IV and said, okay it's time to go back! Then I got panicky. But the Lord gave  me the strength when I needed it and I remember bits and pieces through the procedure, but overall it wasn't nearly as bad as I imagined it to be. And am super grateful it was just two, tiny incision sites to heal from.
I didn't recover too quickly. I ended up staying the night in the hospital due to nausea and not being able to walk or sit up. But after the drugs wore off and I got some food in my system I was feeling ready for home!
Recovery at home was a bit nicer, although I hated not being able to snuggle, pick up, or bend over to help with kids or meals. I was pretty much confined to my bedroom. I tried donig too much too soon and learned quickly that I needed bed rest and a marathon of The Crown... by the weekend I was feeling better by leaps and bounds.
My mom flew in to help the week of, our church family and neighbors showered us with meals the next week and near the end of that my mother in law came in and helped us even more! I was surely spoiled and am so grateful for all the helping hands and prayers from them.
Now we are nearly 4 weeks out and I am feeling like myself again, can wear my normal jeans, can jump, run, kick, stretch, and cuddle with the kids once more! Yippee! We even had visitors just for fun last week, who came on their spring vacation to hang out. I was relieved to host our family (Uncle Scott, Aunt Amanda, Owen & Micah) and not have to ask for too much help with things! (Although I wasn't up to my full energy that's for sure!!) But we had a blast and the kids LOVED their time with cousins.

I think that sums up most of month in a nutshell ... here are some pics to recap it in detail! <3

always dressing up in this house 

a typical rainy afternoon here ... with lots of legos! 

we spent a cold day at the zoo but found that it has it's perks!
Up close interactions with almost ALL the animals.
This is our new friend, Kendall. 

after a whole day of walking around the zoo... 

N made a sewing machine out of legos! 

neighbor nerf fight! Our favorite afternoon adventure! 

ready to go back for my heart procedure  - March 12th 

all done! tired but elated it's over 

our morning view in Uptown! Not the night on the town we planned... but still enjoyable, just us! 

my heart was so happy to be back home to a full table of chit chat and food!

little girl spoiled me and took such good care of her momma. She spent time polishing my toenails 

T is getting so good at reading and spelling! so proud of his hard work!

copywork outside! the very best place to do it 

the boys have taken to making "lairs" outside for their armies and superheroes.
Very creative! 

working hard on one of his lairs

when spring finally arrives, you celebrate with pizza at the turquoise table! 

BIKE RIDING SEASON is back! Have to make a few adjustments
to mom's bike but for now, they are enjoying the adventures and exercise! 

HE LOST HIS FIRST TOOTH!!! YAHOO!

precious time with MeMaw!

Game Night right before she flew home. It was a sweet and relaxing visit with her
and we are so grateful for the time we had with our MeMew 

our sweet sunshine

this little man has been coming in and crowding our bed at night,
but look at how cute he is!!! How can you get made when he crawls in and cuddles close? 
spring time means spring cleaning!
spent an afternoon cleaning off our porch and sprucing it up a bit

GARDEN SEASON has arrived. My heart is happy as my hands dig into
fresh dirt! Looking foward to all the yummies of lettece, strawberries, lavendar, spearmint, parsley, and pepper!


cousin time!!! Most of the time was spent discussing or playing basketball
and watching some March Madness 

even the big guys got into it all! of course ;)  
after days of outside time and mornings of hard play,
we played a video and got all their attention for like an hour and half! haha






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's No Place Like Home

{FIVE.2019}

{Monthly Minutes}