{EIGHT.20}

Oh August. 
2020 just keeps throwing things at us and we just keep clinging to our Almighty Savior. 
As I was recovery our 2nd boy took a tough fall off his scooter and snapped his leg! It was awful and I was SO grateful that my mom was still here to help me. It was my first real full day back to normal, instead of in bed, so I was scared to be left solo while Tim took T to the hospital. God knew folks! He always does. Thank goodness. So T and I spent the next few days recovering slowly together. 

From there our days were filled with appts, check ups, and the beginning of our new school year.
With everything that had happened between the end of June and the August, we were all ready for a routine and real school work again. 

Tim and I celebrated 12 wonderful years together and to be honest it was a rough day. I was still not feeling well and we had to cancel our amazing get away due to me not being able to travel nor hike. I was sad and filled with guilt that I had ruined our special weekend away. I mean we were finally being REAL adults! We had grandparents coming to help with kids, made plans for our days away, had a fantastic place to stay near our favorite hiking mountain... and now, well now I could barely walk to the bathroom and shower solo! 12 years... But God was good and gracious with my angry soul. We are hoping to reschedule before crossing the pond later this fall, but are still trying to figure our the plans and logistics of it all. 

Well the rest can be summed with pics, as always... so here ya go! 

Our Sunflowers bloomed really well and
I was so excited to have recovery flowers from my own garden! 
T got his favorite color for his full leg cast! 


Such a smile! This kid was super excited to begin back to school 
our silly 5th grader! 

our sweet one here... her occupation changes weekly, but she always loves horses 
He was a trooper doing his work and such from his chair 

August brought a lot of rain and some pretty bad storms! 
Our neighbors tree was hit by lightening and fell on our fence and into our yard! 
Nothing too serious, but man, our neighborhood was a wreck after this storm 
Morning snuggles with this little man. A favorite of mine 

Her perseverance is astonishing 
thankful for cooler mornings where we can
eat breakfast on our porch again! 


Sundays are still not normal, but we've enjoyed 
listening and watching both our churches, near and far with our puppy dog. 

This guy can concentrate and do nearly
any school work 10x better with Beethoven  

Her style is always on point! ;) 

12 years! Golly I love this man. 
He's put up with a lot from me and never complains a bit! 
Precious time with these two! Oh how we miss them! 
And oh how grateful I am for all their help while I was recovering. 
Miss our late night movies! 


Finally out of the house and at my first check up... with the greatest looking guy there is. 
Thankful for his care and protection while healing 

Now that's a broken bone! 

Recovering right next to momma! 

Silly Sunday Tea Parties with Nanny! 

One early Sunday morning these two woke up,
so I took them out to our hammocks and we watched the sunrise
and the birdies fly around. I'll never forget these moments! 

Once T was able to maneuver his crutches better,
he was able to cheer on the neighborhood scooter races! 

We grew stuff!!! 

Our yard looked like a game of Super Mario Bros. 
These are legit the coolest mushrooms I've seen 

Someone graduated to a big boy buckle! 

We have another reader on our hands! 

grateful to celebrate such a great friend IN PERSON 
and at a restaurant!
{we realized we hadn't been out to eat inside since Feb.!} 

Not sure what happened to this beauty but we were excited to study her up close 

Our pup puts up with so much! 

Lost her first top front tooth! 

busy at work and they wouldn't have it any other way! 
They have such a great bond. 
I pray it never changes. 

She just needed momma to help her get to sleep ... 
and i wasn't gonna complain! 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's No Place Like Home

{FIVE.2019}

So Much Thankfulness