I feel like May was the fastest month we've ever had, however I think it has been the coldest May we've ever experienced. ha! England sure had a cool and rainy month. Kinda put a damper on some of our plans, but the last few days of the month really made up for it.
We had another full month here. Got to visit a few fun places, I (mom) got to attend a virtual spiritual retreat away from home while Dad did homeschool with all the kids. They studied Germany for the week and had quit a lot of fun! They even ended the week with "questions for a German", where they video chatted with a German friend of ours and got to ask loads of fun questions! What a great guy! Uwe answered all their answers and I was told it was a super fun time! :) Best substitute teacher ever, thanks Dad!! And thanks Uwe for the fun memories.
We took a weekend field trip to see the Magna Carta. It was about 2.5 hrs. from us, but we have been learning about that time frame and events leading to and after it, so it was so cool to see it with our eyes, in real life! We followed that up with a visit to the Cathedral next door, which had a super cool and ridiculously old library. Our nerd hearts were full that day! Eddie's favorite part was seeing the library and hearing about the 1000 yr. old book. :)
We also had a the joy of spending a few days this month helping to feed baby sheep at a friend's house. It was probably one of my most favorite memories of the month! Absolutely lovely. I even had a little guy take to me and cuddle for quit some time before returning to his tribe of friends. Oh it was good afternoon... sheep snuggles!!!! <3
We ended the month well - although we have no pics of it, we had a wonderful first BBQ/Cookout with our neighbors here on Petch St. The Lord blessed us with hot sunshine and we sat outside with a few of the ladies all afternoon and then pulled the grill out front, moved our car and pulled out some small tables and chairs and had a nice dinner party! It was super fun! Although many of us got sunburned ... it was well worth it. Can't wait to have many more of those kind of days.
Well I'll let the pics tell about the rest and all the details I missed... they did load backwards, so we will work back thru the month. haha
 |
we ended this month by our getting our yearly academic testing done.... This guy wizzed thru it and did great |
 |
| finally SUN and WARMTH - filled my soul up on vitamin D and took a nap on the green grass |
 |
| sabbath feasts are a family favorite. |
 |
| hikes thru random sheep fields - it never gets old to any of us |
 |
| the scenery is unreal! |
 |
| FIELD TRIP thru a sheep field after our co-op nature day |
 |
| always another path to follow in this country ... we LOVE it! |
 |
| nature group - we finally got to meet up IN PERSON with a homeschool group we've been chatting to online. It was an epic day of dirt, learning, new friends, water falls, sheep, and fun! |
 |
a little patch of green near our home - it's been a joy to go to after dinner and let the kids run off all that excess energy before bedtime. |
 |
the kids decided to collect worms and start a compost! I'm in! |
 |
Caterpillar/Butterfly lessons We were learning the parts of a caterpillar ... |
 |
| such reverence and beauty |
 |
| stain glass always bring a sense of awe to my soul |
 |
| this is Lincoln Catherdal and it was breathtaking! |
 |
| what a majestic old building and village! |
 |
King George III da da da dat da - da da da da We are huge Hamilton fans so this head statue was met by instant song and shoulder dancing! |
 |
Magna Carta Vault! I can not get over that I saw it! Simply incredible |
 |
| classic .... |
 |
my view for my spiritual retreat! God did some awesome and powerful things while I was sitting at that window! What a special time it was. Thankful for the time away with my Savior and Father |
 |
| Evening in the country side while I was away ... |
 |
an afternoon of games in our yard ... we are slowly learning how to use this space. It's defiantly different and small, but at times very useful. |
 |
a HUGE success here - I not only got a week load of groceries in one trip, but I PARELL parked in front of our home!!! Without help! WHAT?!?!?! |
 |
we met a cow friend... he licked our hands and let us pet him. Super friendly and heart melting for our future cow farmers |
 |
| just a girl and her daddy in the woods, on a walk |
 |
| cows! |
 |
this path reminded me of something out of the shire. The green was so vibrant and the trees were just starting to bud!
|
 |
| another path ... for another day! |
 |
Little Miss has some super creative skills. This month she's been working on all the things she can make with Duplo. And she's good! |
 |
Mom Break - I'm learning that whenever I see glimpses of the sunshine I stop and soak it in. It's been a real gloomy month, so I took extra time after lunch one day and literally just sat in the sunshine with a smile on my face. I love me warm sunshine. |
 |
morning devos for this kid. Goodness, how I love him. |
 |
| God sure does send us a lot of rainbows these days. |
 |
the mandatory American mother's day picture! :) So thankful for this crew of kids. |
 |
Making jam with daddy! It's a new hobby they are taking up. |
 |
a morning spent at the library - IN PERSON! We loaded up on TONS of reads and really got into enjoying them. They were taking turns reading aloud to the younger 2. |
 |
| In the sheep pen - getting love. |
 |
| Smile! The sun is shining and warm. |
 |
Barnaby was my pal and cuddle friend. He has special spot in my heart.
|
Comments
Post a Comment