fevers, coughs, and sniffles
It takes a lot to keep you down. Yesterday you woke with a temp of 100.1, a cough that sounds horrific, and a nasty, gooey nose - all from a bad virus that is going around and taking kids out left and right. Not much the doc can "treat" as of now, your lungs and ears were clean and clear (which is a relief); but that doesn't help much cuz you still feel bad. :( And there is nothing in this world that is worse then having your own child sick and feeling bad and not be able to do much. Tylenol has been our friend, but even with that you ran a 100-101 temp all day today. After you soda bath tonight tho, it seemed to be going down in the right direction. it's horrible. i hate seeing you sick and achy. We've spent lots of time cuddling at in the evenings, and watched your FAVORITE movie - Monster's Inc. - quit a lot in the past two days.
I took in the moment tonight, as I rocked you to sleep. We snuggle with your green blankie between you and I, with your fingers in the corners and your big blue blankie wrapped around both us, keeping us snuggled and warmed. It's just the greatest feeling. As I watched you tonight, I saw your little thumbs and fingers stroking the corners of your blanket, your FAVORITE blanket, moving around the corners and soothing your sick body. It was a precious thing to watch. And I wanted to remember it forever; just how much you love and adore your blankie and those corners ... it won't be long before your thumbs get too big for them or the corners (heaven for bid) wear down or break. (Lord helps us when it does!) You've been inseparable from that blanket since you were about 3 1/2 weeks old. Thru your photos we've watched the thing get a little duller in color and the crocheted holes get a bit wider and stretched out. We call you Lyonis, from Charlie Brown; because you do everything with it. You throw it over or under toys and play, walk with it, sleep with it, you'd probably eat with it too if I'd let you. :)
Here's a recent shot of you and your best friend....
I recently was reading a book and in it the author told me to relish in every possible moment with my child. Whether it's rocking to sleep, playing blocks, cooking, or just sitting ... because all too soon, your child won't want to do any of that.
It broke my heart. To think there will come a day when playing inside with your momma or coloring at the table with me won't be what you want to do ... now grant it, it's a healthy part of growing up and done in the right manner and time frame, very normal - it still just saddened me a bit. BUT it made me JUMP into action!!! It was time for me to stop wallowing around wondering what if or when and start living!! I have YOU. and right now that's all I need. :) God has blessed me with extra time and plenty of energy and i'm directly it all right into raising and playing with you and trying to be a better wife to your dadda! :)
So yesterday we made a art center in our house! It's pretty awesome and i do have to say you already LOVE it. we've hung your art work on the wall with string and clothespins, and have the paper, crayons, markers, stencils, glue, etc. all handy and available for more use (of course the more adult things are higher up so your little hands don't get hurt or into what you're not suppose to). I'll post pics of it later... it's still a work in progress. We also have quit a list going of all the fun things yet to do ...
finger painting with pudding - indoor pool - koolaid playdough - coloring snow - noodle art
it's going to be SO much fun! Right now you LOVE to have your hands traced. :) You'll put your hands out, fingers spread apart and hand a crayon over to me and ask please. It's so cute. You've even tried tracing with me. :) adorable.
Oh which reminds me ... two things that made my heart melt. :) One, yesterday morning, as Dad and I came in your room when you woke up - you pulled the paci from your mouth and clearly said Hi DaDa :) It was incredible and incredibly cute!!! we just adorable it. and second, today when i came to pick you up at Nanny's today; you stood at the front door and watched me pull in and walk up ... and as i approached the door got the biggest smile on your face, started flapping your arms up and down and stomping your feet, laughing and giggling ... just SO happy and excited i was back for you. Seriously... made my day, week, year!!! :) it was SO cute.
well Milo Man, I better go now... your finally asleep and i have a few things to catch up on. And need to go to sleep early myself. :)
Love You Lots!!
mom
xoxox
I took in the moment tonight, as I rocked you to sleep. We snuggle with your green blankie between you and I, with your fingers in the corners and your big blue blankie wrapped around both us, keeping us snuggled and warmed. It's just the greatest feeling. As I watched you tonight, I saw your little thumbs and fingers stroking the corners of your blanket, your FAVORITE blanket, moving around the corners and soothing your sick body. It was a precious thing to watch. And I wanted to remember it forever; just how much you love and adore your blankie and those corners ... it won't be long before your thumbs get too big for them or the corners (heaven for bid) wear down or break. (Lord helps us when it does!) You've been inseparable from that blanket since you were about 3 1/2 weeks old. Thru your photos we've watched the thing get a little duller in color and the crocheted holes get a bit wider and stretched out. We call you Lyonis, from Charlie Brown; because you do everything with it. You throw it over or under toys and play, walk with it, sleep with it, you'd probably eat with it too if I'd let you. :)
Here's a recent shot of you and your best friend....
It broke my heart. To think there will come a day when playing inside with your momma or coloring at the table with me won't be what you want to do ... now grant it, it's a healthy part of growing up and done in the right manner and time frame, very normal - it still just saddened me a bit. BUT it made me JUMP into action!!! It was time for me to stop wallowing around wondering what if or when and start living!! I have YOU. and right now that's all I need. :) God has blessed me with extra time and plenty of energy and i'm directly it all right into raising and playing with you and trying to be a better wife to your dadda! :)
So yesterday we made a art center in our house! It's pretty awesome and i do have to say you already LOVE it. we've hung your art work on the wall with string and clothespins, and have the paper, crayons, markers, stencils, glue, etc. all handy and available for more use (of course the more adult things are higher up so your little hands don't get hurt or into what you're not suppose to). I'll post pics of it later... it's still a work in progress. We also have quit a list going of all the fun things yet to do ...
finger painting with pudding - indoor pool - koolaid playdough - coloring snow - noodle art
it's going to be SO much fun! Right now you LOVE to have your hands traced. :) You'll put your hands out, fingers spread apart and hand a crayon over to me and ask please. It's so cute. You've even tried tracing with me. :) adorable.
Oh which reminds me ... two things that made my heart melt. :) One, yesterday morning, as Dad and I came in your room when you woke up - you pulled the paci from your mouth and clearly said Hi DaDa :) It was incredible and incredibly cute!!! we just adorable it. and second, today when i came to pick you up at Nanny's today; you stood at the front door and watched me pull in and walk up ... and as i approached the door got the biggest smile on your face, started flapping your arms up and down and stomping your feet, laughing and giggling ... just SO happy and excited i was back for you. Seriously... made my day, week, year!!! :) it was SO cute.
well Milo Man, I better go now... your finally asleep and i have a few things to catch up on. And need to go to sleep early myself. :)
Love You Lots!!
mom
xoxox

Comments
Post a Comment