long weekend...
Seems as tho this virus you have/had surely took it's time leaving. We spent all weekend home with you... even had to visit the doc again to make sure things were still looking clear. Your fever got pretty high 102.4 and you spent friday night into saturday morning moaning, groaning, and wanting held. I felt HORRIBLE. There was pretty much nothing I could do except hold you and rock you. So that's what I did. We spent a whole lot of time snuggled up with your blankets ... but we also spent a WHOLE lot of time watching movies and letting your rest. We had of watched Monster's Inc. at least 20 times - or that's what it feels like at least. :) but you enjoyed it, and you pretty much laid in my lap or on your blankets the whole time. Between the little movement you made and the little to no appetite you had I knew something was really truly not right. That was part of the reason we went to the Docs again... I was worried you were getting dehydrated with such a high fever and hardly anything going in or out.
It's been a tough few days to say the least, but having Daddy's help thru the weekend was wonderful and distracting for you (for a while). You loved laying next to dad on the floor watching your movie and playing "football" when you felt like being active.
You started to turn the corner and come back to "normal" sunday afternoon. And altho you're still not 100% and back to your full self, you're much, much, much better then a few days ago! And for that I'm grateful.
There were a few hours, Friday morning you were more alert and wanted to color so i took advantage of the time and we did a painting project and today since you were feeling on the up and up and you were SO full of energy we did a pudding painting project. Both were fun and a success! :) As long as we get a little messy, you have fun, and there's something to hang up at the end, I'd say it's a major success!! Oh and we also did some play mixing with random ingredients and water. You really seemed to enjoy it.
As you can see you really love your arts and crafts. and I enjoy watching you do them, figuring things out. You also love music!!! I try to limit the amount of TV we watch each day and fill in the "gaps" and "slow" spots with music. Of all kinds. We have lots of kid praise songs, some baby einstein, and some of mom and dad's favorites strung in here and there. There's also days we listen to Pandora and let them decide, but either way you love it! Dancing, laughing, and bobbing your head back and forth to the beat of the song... it's precious. There's not much you do that I don't find adorable and cute. :) And there's just so much you're learning and exploring right now. Everything is new and exciting to you. And you absolutely have to figure out how things work, almost always. If it sings, spins, moves, etc. you'll be right in there figuring it out. Prime example: you LOVE the spinning stool at the Docs office and this past time we were there, even feeling bad, you had to figure out how it spun. With one hand on top and the other underneath with your head looking at every angle; you were gonna figure it out. :) I suppose you get that from your dad and Poppy. I hear it's a boy thing. haha But it's darn cute to watch.
Well I just couldn't leave these two precious pics out of my post today ... they melt my heart and there's more precious in the world!!! nothing!! So glad our Milo Man is feeling better tho!!
We love you lots!!
-mom
xoxo
cuddled up with mom's pillow, teddy, and all your special blankets. PRICELESS!




Comments
Post a Comment