{Mail Day}
It's been a week of clouds and sun here in NC. The weather can't seem to quit make up it's mind whether it wants to be spring or winter. I'm afraid we really didn't leave crazy MI weather behind. Each state has it's crazy. :)However this week has been a great week as we have been reminded of God's goodness and provisions. We have really been kinda stuck in our fundraising, plateaued, as some call it. With packing and moving taking up so much of our time and energy in December, we haven't been really gotten back into things till the new year! So with almost a month off we began praying for motivation and for opportunities to share again. We sent a new round of letters and emails. We began making phone calls again and things slowly came back to us and, I can't quit say we are fully back into the rhythmn of it all again, but we are feeling it again and am anxious to get back into the saddle completely again. After two weeks of working at it, it was a beautiful encouragement to know we have two new partners and are at 17.2%. We are praying and working hard to make it to the 20% mark by the end of this new month!!
Another beautiful thing happened this week ... we got bills!! Ha. Okay I wasn't that thrilled about it, but in the same day we got ER bills (mulitple) but in the same stack of bills we got our acceptance for our insurance!!! Oh the joy that ran through me when I got to call all those bill companies and give them our new information. Our prayers were answered so neatly and orchestrated in a way only my God could have planned because also in that big stack of mail sat a refund check. A check we had no idea we were getting. A check that came just 24 hours after we sat down, crunched numbers on our new budget and said, "Oh boy. I don't know how this is gonna work". Our energy bill seemed to be much higher then we had planned on... still working that all out. But as I opened the bill, tears began to well up as it was almost the exact amount to make up the difference between what we had planned to pay and what the bill was!!! Seriously, guys I don't make this stuff up. GOD IS AMAZING. LOVING. And HE CARES! He has proved himself to many a multitude of times but somehow in my little human form I forget. I fret. I become obessed with planning, pitching, and figure out how we are gonna do it. When OH YEA... He totally has this thing called life figured out. Now I know I can't go blow things and just live willy nilly. That's not what I'm saying. But when life happens. Emergencies. High bills. I am just reminded how powerful the love of our Creator is.
My mind is swimming with so much more. But for now I gotta go make some pizzas for family night. Just remember God is holding you. You are not alone. You are not your own. He knows. <3
Comments
Post a Comment