Happy Birthday Lil' One
Today's the day... the day I've been dreading almost more then that awful day back in October. But alas, it's here. Lil' One's Birthday (or due date). To think of what life would be like now if things went "right" - seems weird and almost wrong. But I do find my mind wandering that way at times - specially on days as special as this day.
Lil' One taught us a lot - and left us with a lot as well. First and foremost, God is in control - we didn't create this miracle, God did! And it was and always will be created to bring glory to God!!! I was listening to a song recently and came to realize, that even you, milo man, were created by God for God - I mean mom & dad had something to do with it, but ultimately God wanted you here for a reason and a purpose. And that goes the same for Lil' One & our Christmas gift as well!! The lyrics just kinda got me, you know, POW!, right between the kisser. And even tho it took several months for me to be okay with this fact, I can now say I've safely arrived at that point. And am TOTALLY okay with it! How incredible and what a testimony to share - YOU were created to share and show God's glory.
To view the music video::
http://youtu.be/SUqON5J-xJo
Another life lesson learned for me was that every single second with my children (both born and unborn) is a precious and miraculous gift and blessing from the Lord!! So I need to enjoy it, bask in it, and live in the moment!! (not the what ifs and should haves) And these past few weeks have been quit the test of this lesson... as I've entered the middle of our first trimester the morning sickness has hit pretty hard. Making eating, and being a good, social mother and wife difficult at times. But I've prayed from the start that the Lord would reassure me and I'd take any amount of sickness if it meant a healthy baby for the family! So it's an answer to prayers and a blessing I'm taking in strides. I try to remember each time I feel sick and wanna puke that this is for a good cause and the child inside is growing strong! And I also try to say a prayer for all my kids - and their relationship and growth with God.
There's many other things we've learned both separately and together as a family - and to list them all would take lots of cyber space ... so I'll mention just one more. My relationship with God, it's blossomed!! It's been taken to the next level. I think when an event like this happens in your life and your challenged to see it many different ways, it's how you respond and what you do with the situation that makes you or breaks you. I was told many different things and was reassured many times in many different ways of why this would happen to us. But to put it simply ... it happened because it was in God's plan. Now I don't believe God wants bad things for us or punishes us for things, but I truly believe it took this miscarriage to wake me up and open my eyes. To show me or test me. Did I really trust God with everything??? Did I trust He was going to take care of us? I had to choose. To believe the truth of the promises in the Bible that were taught to me from a small age or to listen to the world and believe the lies they were dishing out at us. Believe me, altho I can not see the end result completely God's way and word is always the best result. I felt free!! I spent more time in the word and started to discipline myself in getting up early and spending quality time with God - just Him & I. Now I have to admit, I've slacked off and fallen short quit a few times since starting this and am finding it harder to do now that I have strong morning sickness and heavy fatigue - but am reminded while I type how honored it is to share in God & I time. How incredible it is that the God of the universe wants a relationship with ME!!! How can I say no or say I'm too busy!?!?! That's just insane!!
Well I'm never quit sure how to wrap up a wordy, lengthy, important note like this. So I'll end it like this (my FB status) ::
Today marks a very special day. Not only is it my 7 1/2 week mark but it is our Lil' One's Bday (or due date)!!! And altho our lil' one wasn't here long, their mark in our hearts is unmistakable and quit frankly irreplaceable. I've learned a lot in these past 6 months, one being God will is much better at planning then any plan I could make. But another fun fact I've learned from our precious Lil' One is to love every dear second with both my born and unborn children!! ♥ They are special and the biggest blessing God can give to a family. So as I sit and wonder what this little miraculous Christmas gift will be and become & smile at all the silly things your big brother says and does - I thank the Lord for you, Lil' One, for coming into our lives and leaving us with more love, some tears, and a spirit willing to serve the Lord!! :) Happy Birthday Lil' One!!! We Love You Oodles and Oodles!! ♥
Lil' One taught us a lot - and left us with a lot as well. First and foremost, God is in control - we didn't create this miracle, God did! And it was and always will be created to bring glory to God!!! I was listening to a song recently and came to realize, that even you, milo man, were created by God for God - I mean mom & dad had something to do with it, but ultimately God wanted you here for a reason and a purpose. And that goes the same for Lil' One & our Christmas gift as well!! The lyrics just kinda got me, you know, POW!, right between the kisser. And even tho it took several months for me to be okay with this fact, I can now say I've safely arrived at that point. And am TOTALLY okay with it! How incredible and what a testimony to share - YOU were created to share and show God's glory.
To view the music video::
http://youtu.be/SUqON5J-xJo
Another life lesson learned for me was that every single second with my children (both born and unborn) is a precious and miraculous gift and blessing from the Lord!! So I need to enjoy it, bask in it, and live in the moment!! (not the what ifs and should haves) And these past few weeks have been quit the test of this lesson... as I've entered the middle of our first trimester the morning sickness has hit pretty hard. Making eating, and being a good, social mother and wife difficult at times. But I've prayed from the start that the Lord would reassure me and I'd take any amount of sickness if it meant a healthy baby for the family! So it's an answer to prayers and a blessing I'm taking in strides. I try to remember each time I feel sick and wanna puke that this is for a good cause and the child inside is growing strong! And I also try to say a prayer for all my kids - and their relationship and growth with God.
There's many other things we've learned both separately and together as a family - and to list them all would take lots of cyber space ... so I'll mention just one more. My relationship with God, it's blossomed!! It's been taken to the next level. I think when an event like this happens in your life and your challenged to see it many different ways, it's how you respond and what you do with the situation that makes you or breaks you. I was told many different things and was reassured many times in many different ways of why this would happen to us. But to put it simply ... it happened because it was in God's plan. Now I don't believe God wants bad things for us or punishes us for things, but I truly believe it took this miscarriage to wake me up and open my eyes. To show me or test me. Did I really trust God with everything??? Did I trust He was going to take care of us? I had to choose. To believe the truth of the promises in the Bible that were taught to me from a small age or to listen to the world and believe the lies they were dishing out at us. Believe me, altho I can not see the end result completely God's way and word is always the best result. I felt free!! I spent more time in the word and started to discipline myself in getting up early and spending quality time with God - just Him & I. Now I have to admit, I've slacked off and fallen short quit a few times since starting this and am finding it harder to do now that I have strong morning sickness and heavy fatigue - but am reminded while I type how honored it is to share in God & I time. How incredible it is that the God of the universe wants a relationship with ME!!! How can I say no or say I'm too busy!?!?! That's just insane!!
Well I'm never quit sure how to wrap up a wordy, lengthy, important note like this. So I'll end it like this (my FB status) ::
Today marks a very special day. Not only is it my 7 1/2 week mark but it is our Lil' One's Bday (or due date)!!! And altho our lil' one wasn't here long, their mark in our hearts is unmistakable and quit frankly irreplaceable. I've learned a lot in these past 6 months, one being God will is much better at planning then any plan I could make. But another fun fact I've learned from our precious Lil' One is to love every dear second with both my born and unborn children!! ♥ They are special and the biggest blessing God can give to a family. So as I sit and wonder what this little miraculous Christmas gift will be and become & smile at all the silly things your big brother says and does - I thank the Lord for you, Lil' One, for coming into our lives and leaving us with more love, some tears, and a spirit willing to serve the Lord!! :) Happy Birthday Lil' One!!! We Love You Oodles and Oodles!! ♥
Comments
Post a Comment