Cheese & Tractors!


We recently were lucky enough to get our pictures taken, together as a family. :) It was a bit touch and go before hand tho … with some flu like symptoms & 4 molars bugging you. I honestly wasn't sure if the photos would happen. But we pressed on, and just hoped for the best … knowing we could reschedule if needed. It's nice having a friend who understands how kids are, and that we all have those kind of “rough” days. (Thanks Aunt Tressa!!) We went ahead with the evening as planned, dinner (very yummy pizza), and some play time with “cousin” Mason. I knew you were tired and oh-so-very close to a complete melt down; but with the sun going down at such a fast rate, I felt it was like a ticking clock … so I decided to just go for it. Your dad thought I was nuts … and for a minute or too, so did I. But I hoped and said a few silent prayers that things would work out. And if we didn't get as many as hoped, well I was just aiming to get a good family pic of us. All four of us. :)
And did we ever!! You did so very well … after a few pouts at the beginning, (being told you couldn't play on the playground till after we go over the bridge and take some pictures together first), you did okay.


There was a lot on the little island for a boy to be happy with. Dirt, sticks, grass, leaves, straw like reed, and a fun bridge to run over. So we worked fast and worked with you. Once again a HUGE thanks to Tressa!! She was so good with you – and worked with whatever angle you gave her. :) What a great aunt and friend!




(the next few pics are after we were done - you were DONE! very tired and snuggling with Georgie on our walk back to Aunt Tressa's ... so precious!) 



To get those great smiles out of your cute face, we had you repeating “Cheese & Tractors” all night long. You loved it! And still give us a smile when you hear us say or talk about it now. :) It was adorable! I'll have to try to get it on video on of these days/times. So cute!
And I especially love the individual shots she got of you with mommy & daddy. Those were those extra bonus shots that just made this momma glow with delight! They are just heart warming to me. It's such a special time in life to capture. And I feel like they really sum you up! Silly smiles, faces, and of course Georgie joined in on some. I know most mom's like nice smiles and open eyes … but right now, I know it's just luck if we get one where you are sitting still and behaving. :) So those cute goofy grins and tightly closed eyes, (cuz we asked you to say CHEESE & TRACTORS for the 500th time); both are just so wonderful! I have no words to describe what they mean to me.
my ALL time favorite photo!! :o) Priceless!! 



Overall, it was a great evening to close out a rough afternoon. But one whole day that will go down in our memory books! :) It was a day of parenting perseverance. And the photos, well I know we didn't look that happy go lucky all day (what family does?!), but the photos definitely capture everything we love about our blessed little family!



Giving "threeo" a kiss and hug. xoxo













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's No Place Like Home

{FIVE.2019}

{Monthly Minutes}