more on life ...
Well I feel as tho I cut my last post
short … I was cramped for time, and working with you by my side,
begging for my attention. And after working all day, I felt I needed
to do just that. So I cut it a wee bit short and decided i'd get
caught up later in the week. So here we are. :)
We FINALLY got our passport photos
taken!! it was a pretty big thing for me! I finally got to check it
off the list of things to do! :) HOORAY! And I do have to add, not
only were you amazing, and super cute; you were so good at listening
to mommy and following directions! It was an answer to prayers. I was
a bit nervous you'd have a meltdown or tantrum – but I prepped you
going into it, and gave you some warning as to what was going to go
down and you soared thru it!! And your photo, OH MY goodness! Your
photo is just the cutest passport photo I think I've ever seen. :)
Afterwards, we stopped into the post office and grabbed our
applications and set up our appt. time. So next week we will
officially be applied and waiting for our fun little blue book of a
passport. So exciting!! I've never owned a passport … really had no
reason to. So this is pretty big for me! And I'm looking forward to
receiving it. One step closer, I guess. :)
this is how you love to wear your hair now ... all spikey! :) so cute!
LOVE apples ... and think it's so cool to eat them like mom & dad
having some fun with momma's computer - silly photos!
I feel as tho you grow more and more
each day – I can't keep up! There's so much changing and you're
learning so much, so fast. You're speak has literally flowed into
real sentences, sometimes sentences I can even understand completely!
Other times, it's just cute to hear you try. But you are like a
little parrot, copying everything you hear people say. And once again
– sometimes it's good and other times, well we have to correct
ourselves or the speak around us. A word I never thought I said much,
I apparently say a lot and you caught on fast. And why, I never
thought it was “bad”, it sounds kinda harsh coming from my little
2 year olds mouth … darn it! So I've had to train myself to say
different words, and one that you kinda like and I don't mind so much
is “stinkers”. Another word used often, by many around us, even
me, is “crap”. And, yeah, that coming out of your mouth isn't so
nice either. So it's been a learning experience for the whole house.
Ha! But it's fun to see your vocab expand and for you to get a real
good grasp on the language. It's incredible!
Now that Fall is in full swing … or
almost over, thanks to the massive amount of rain we got this past
weekend; Leaves are EVERYWHERE. Last week before leaving Poppy &
Nanny's, Poppy “blew” all the leaves in their front yard into
one, big pile. And it was HUGE!! but you thought it was the bestest
thing in the whole world … and when Poppy jumped in with you, all
we could hear were giggles and all we saw were your two heads,
grinning from ear to ear. It was priceless! It is just such a
blessing to be near grandparents right now! You LOVE spending time
with them. :) We have some leaf piles at home, but they are no where
near as big, or as fun because there's no Poppy. But you still help
us with them and enjoy messing up our nice piles. In fact, you love
taking your shovel to each pile … thinking you're helping, but
really just taking the leaves back out of the pile and trying to make
new little piles. It's entertaining, just not productive for mom &
dad. Ha!
And now that the always nice, sun shiny
weather is kinda gone or at least hit and miss, I'm having to rack my
brain with what to do with a toddler indoors all day. This season is
only beginning, and I'm thankful that you think baking and flour is
fun! We've spent a few afternoons & some mornings, baking
goodies. And you think it's awesome! :) It's fun to have a sidekick.
Altho, sometimes we make more of a mess then needed, but I guess it's
all about having fun! And the kitchen will always clean up …
I wanted to leave you with this one
photo I found of grandma keith with your daddy – I think he was
about (not positive) 2-3 years old in this pic. It was amazing to
both of us just how much you look like your daddy!!! Seriously, put
some blur specs on him and there you are! :) :) It's adorable to me!
Altho, I do have to say as much as you look like him, I think you act
a lot more like your momma. So outgoing, and friendly with most
everyone. It's kinda cute to see how it all plays out.
Love You Milo Man!
-momma
xoxo





Comments
Post a Comment