{Half a Year :: a letter to Edwin}



Maybe it's because we aren't sure if we will have anymore kids, maybe it's because there's three others, or maybe it's just because I know time won't stand still for me; but it's hard to swallow that you're six months old already. You are sitting up, rolling all around the living room, grabbing at phones, toys, hair and anything else in your reach. You are beginning to babble more and constantly giggle as you watch your brothers play star wars. You're still not sure about sissy, she still hasn't quit figured out gentle yet. Sorry! You hate socks and end up taking them off and chewing on them. You love hearing dad come home in the evenings and falling asleep on my chest is a new normal for naps, and it's pretty hard to put you down. Soaking in snuggles is what I keep on with because I know it won't last forever, as much as I want it to! 


Your smile lights up your face and your eyes talk volumes. Many have said that your eyes look like mine, I tend to agree. Although I kinda feel like that's the only thing that looks like me. You look a lot like your brothers. A little bit of both, but I think you tend to look a bit more like Theodore. 

You've begun foods and LOVE them. Haven't found one you won't eat yet. Although I don't think it will be long till you are on to our own food during dinner. You had a small taste of mash potatoes the other night and kept grabbing for more. At 22lbs. you LOVE your meals and waste no time eating. 

Half a year. Just like that. In 6 months we will be talking about a birthday party, walking, and moving into toddler life with you. It's simply unbelievable to imagine! You are my baby, no matter how big you grow. My little snuggle bug. Nights up with you aren't as annoying, changing dirty diapers with you aren't as wretched (but probably more smelly!), and each small giggle and milestone passed is bittersweet. When I look at you, my 6 mth old Eddie, I see a strong, determined little man. A little man who loves being with his family, who smiles through sickness and who thinks it's funny when mommy wipes his butt. (defiantly your dad's sense of humor) 

All in all these last 6 months have flown by. You've grown from a little newborn into a hefty, rolly baby. Asking to freeze time is pointless but I do it anyways. Wishing I could bottle up those soft, wet "kisses"you've begun to lay on my cheek when I pick you up. Wishing to remember each coo and smile as you wake up in the morning and see me for the first time. Bottling up those chubby thigh tickles and neck roll raspberries I give you before bedtime just to hear your deep belly chuckles.  




I love you sweet Edwin. Love your smiles. Love your cries. I am sorry you've had an ear ache for so long and pray that we can get your ears back to "normal" very soon. Thank you for sharing joy with me again, after so many months of anxiety and unexplained sadness. Thank you for wanting mommy so often, for being my front-pack kiddo during school time, and for always grabbing my arms or neck while falling asleep. Thank you for the nights of cuddles and the days of peek a boo. Loving you is always easy. Take your time growing up, please. Be a kid and keep teaching me to find joy and laughter in the every day tasks and moments together. I am so grateful for you.
Love you more then words could say Eddie-Sketti!
Love,
Momma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's No Place Like Home

{FIVE.2019}

{Monthly Minutes}