Growing up and Growing strong
22 months … that's how old you'll be
this week! I can't believe it!! A reminder that in just 2 short
months we will have a 2 year old on our hands. WOWZERS! Just seems
plain crazy that you can be that old already. Where did the time
go??!!? And altho you're getting a jump start on the “terrible
twos”, you still have those heart melting moments that make up for
it and help ease the tension of a “bad” day. The other day you
feel asleep rocking with me while we read your new bible together. It
was just so precious! And then two nights ago you wanted Momma to
rock you asleep; something we don't do nearly as much as we use to.
It was nice to know that even tho you grow more and more independent
by the day (or moment) you still need your Mom Time and snuggles. :)
And as far as your Daddy goes... you
are his little man; his shadow when he's home. When he's working you
always ask about him or pretend to talk to him on your play phones
and on the weekends you want Dad or in your words “Daddeeeee” at
all possible moments. It's incredibly cute. And we love how much you
love your time with dad.
Saturday Mornings are our favorite times …
we can easily get up (well as easily as you can at 6:30am), we get
breakfast and just hang out, sometimes in our pjs till we have
something to do or somewhere to go. And most of the time you are
talking with or about “daddeeeee”. Blocks are your favorite thing
to ask him to help you with, and you also love to play with your
trucks and trains (or “choo-choos”) with him too. You're favorite
movies are still Cars and any Toy Story movie. As long as it has Buzz
in it you're delighted to watch it. :) You haven't quit got the words
Buzz and Woody down yet, and still call all Cars, trucks. But we're
working on it. Haha I was trying to think of some of your words - I like to write them down and keep track of how they change and what you keep on saying...
Potatoes - some kinda of "tickatick" We really aren't too sure where this came from or why it's pronounced this way. But we figure with time we'll hear the right word.
Dad is "Daddeeeee"
Avery (you're buddy from church) is "bevery" It's adorable!!!
Miss Kris/Mrs. Cutler has become "Mimi" after a few weeks of her watching you while I worked. :) You love going to play at her house, especially if miss avery is there!! :)
ZuZu has officially become "zuzu" :) So happy for that!! But occasionally it does go back to "dog-gog".
Juice also has a bit of your own tang to it but comes out close. something like "ooice"
Milk is close as well "ilk" - it's those darn first syllables we're working on. They are tricky.
This was taken this past weekend ... we took a mini nap in the living room on your new sleeping bag. You thought it was pretty cool, but didn't sleep long due to the noisy plans, trucks, and phone that kept going off and coming by. Oye! haha but we enjoyed a little bit of time on them and Dad was happy we were taking steps towards getting you ready to camp! :)
As for a baby update – we are now 18
weeks and baby is growing stronger and bigger by the day. We love
it!! Just last night Dad got to feel our little gift kick. It was
great to finally be able to share the experience. I'm really looking
forward to sharing the joy with you Milo Man!! :) And I don't think
it'll be too much longer. We have our ultrasound in just 2 weeks and
are REALLY looking forward to seeing baby again. :) And of course
finding out what we'll be adding to our family! Either way we know
you'll be a great big brother!! You already love talking about baby
and kissing my growing belly. You are already sharing precious
moments with your little sibling … the other night while I was
rocking you to sleep you were snuggled into me and our little gift
was just kicking and squirming away. I don't think he/she liked to
share that much space for that much time. :) I was hoping you'd feel
it but I don't think you did – well if you did you never said/did
anything.
And for a Germany update – we are
looking at February dates. We are praying for wisdom and guidance in
timing due to the fact it's looking like it'll only be about 10 weeks
after our little gift is born. Which is great for travel cuz our
newborn will (hopefully) sleep, eat, and won't notice the change too
much or as much as we will. But because I know how recovery from a
natural birth goes and how each birth is different we are praying for
a smooth delivery and recovery (speedy) so I can enjoy the trip and
not be too distraction with pain or discomfort. I do know there will
be some and I fullly expect to not be my 100% self but looking at
different dates it's the best time for those in Germany and really
for the age we wanted to get out there... we didn't want to wait too
long because we will be taking little gift with us and I know how
hard it'd be on an older baby. I'm already dreading the fact we are
leaving you with grandparents for the trip … I know they'll take
great care of you but we're going to be SO far away!!! I mean there
will be an ocean between us. That's just WAY too much space. So I am
also praying for peace of heart as we prepare. I realize it won't be
for too long – and it's for the good of all our futures, so with
the help of God and his grace I will and can get thru it!! :)


Comments
Post a Comment