To Freeze Time ...



So the other day while talking with my mom about some of my recent struggles in mothering I was reminded that every stage in life is so short. It so quickly passes. We happened to start talking about how Sept. was right around the corner and how I'd soon have a 2 year old to worry about. And I asked her “Where did all that time go?? I thought it was going to last forever, but now I don't even remember some of it!” It was a sad realization but a great reminder … All those sleepless nights, feedings, and tiny clothes … all those pass too quickly. Much Too Quickly!! I can't believe we are already pass that all; into real meals, rest at night (for the majority of the time), and clothes you get dirty, holey, and stained! We've made it past the coo's and crawls and are into the words and races! Unbelievable! So as we finished our conversation she added that this “phase” goes just as fast. All those days you beg and “please” me for bubbles, block time, and just snuggles on the couch while you watch your “Truck” movie – all this will pass just as fast. She told me to enjoy being this needed and loved, for this too will pass. Not that you won't love me – the love just changes. You'll all too soon show it differently. Not needing momma to kiss your ouchies, or build your big towers with you, or even play outside with you. As I sat and took in that “revelation” that I knew but really didn't think about, my days have changed. I look at each “please momma”, hugs before anything really, wanting to sit with me and read, and even your need to follow me … everywhere (yes even to the bathroom!); well my outlook changed. Not that we can't teach you to do things on your own or that even Momma needs privacy from time to time (which is very difficult for you to come to grips with), but that I need to take the time and enjoy and remember these special moments that will so pass to memories.



So as you nap today, and after I finish this, I will be finishing up some housework that needs to be done so we can play and have fun this afternoon. I've needed a reminder such as this for a few weeks now, as i've pushed dishes, laundry, the need to “get things done” before playing and enjoying my special time with JUST you! Because even this too, will pass … quickly. As I look at the calendar and realize, yes, December and Christmas is only SIX months away!! We have half a year left till all our lives change. For the better of course – but still it's change none the less. And I'm praying daily for our transition from having one kid to two. The thought is terrifying to me and sometimes overwhelming as we have days I don't even think I'm equipped to handle raising one child. But with the help and guidance of the Lord and of course the support of your great Dad I know we will be able to do this! And we will.

19 weeks - almost half way! craziness







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's No Place Like Home

{FIVE.2019}

{Monthly Minutes}